To add a collaborator to this project you will need to use the Relish gem to add the collaborator via a terminal command. Soon you'll be able to also add collaborators here!More about adding a collaborator
This project contains material for a basic training on automated testing
It contains examples of unit testing using rspec, and of BDD-style testing using Cucumber.
Example app, carrying the training
The example app, that is gradually being built when giving the training, is a simple bank-like system with an account that can be credited and debited.
When running the exercise, the goal is to work outside-in:
1. Add a Gherkin specification/example to the features
2. Run Cucumber, see it fail, copy&paste the step_definition skeleton and tweak it (add variable names mostly)
3. In order to make on Gherkin step pass, create a unit test first with rspec
4. Run rspec to get a red test
4. Write code to get to green
7. Repeat unit tests until one Gherkin step passes
8. Repeat Gherkin steps until the features passes
I intend to add Fitnesse/Selenium/other tools to this training later, so students see all technologies and can make informed decisions on what path they want to take.
Last published about 6 years ago by André Heijstek.