To add a collaborator to this project you will need to use the Relish gem to add the collaborator via a terminal command. Soon you'll be able to also add collaborators here!More about adding a collaborator
Open an Custom CSV Dialect file
As a Data Packager
I want to open a separated value file with a custom CSV Dialect
So that I can package data stored on non-standard separated value files
The data may be stored in a ".tsv", ".csv" or ".txt" file
Custom separated value file formats can be described using a CSV Dialect
CSV dialect specification - http://frictionlessdata.io/specs/csv-dialect/#specification
Use the CSV dialect specified in Table Properties to determine how to open the file and seperate values into the correct columns
If there are no CSV dialect settings specified in Table Properties, use the CSV dialect specified in Preferences
If there are no CSV dialect settings specified, prompt the use to supply them
- Open an existing custom dialect separated value file
- Data Curator is open
- I invoke the "Open, Custom Dialect" command
- a prompt, requesting the 'filename' and location is shown
- only files ending with a ".csv", ".tsv" or ".txt" can be selected
- the selected file is opened using the CSV dialect in a new data tab to the right of any other open data tabs
- set the Tab name to the 'filename'
- set the CSV Dialect in the Table Properties to "Custom Dialect"
Last published over 1 year ago by Matt Mulholland.