To add a collaborator to this project you will need to use the Relish gem to add the collaborator via a terminal command. Soon you'll be able to also add collaborators here!More about adding a collaborator
As a Data Packager
I want to validate the data in a single column against the schema defined by the column properties
So that I can focus on correcting errors a column at a time and not be confused by multiple error across multiple columns
Schema validation checks include the:
- data is the same 'type' and 'format' as defined in the column properties, ignoring 'missing values'
- data conforms with the 'contraints'
- 'foreign key' relationships to other tables have valid links
- Validation code: https://github.com/frictionlessdata/tableschema-js
- Validation errors messages: https://github.com/frictionlessdata/data-quality-spec
Validate column can be invoked by a menu item or panel button
- Validate a column
- Data Curator is open
- the cursor is in a data tab
- column properties may have been entered for that column
- I invoke the "Validate Column" command
- assemble the Schema from the Column Properties
- validate the column data against the available schema
- display error messages
- highlight errors in the relevant cells
Last published over 1 year ago by Matt Mulholland.