To add a collaborator to this project you will need to use the Relish gem to add the collaborator via a terminal command. Soon you'll be able to also add collaborators here!More about adding a collaborator
Publish Data Package
As a Data Packager
I want to publish a data package to an open data portal
So that I don't have to upload it manually through the open data portal's user interface
- The ability to publish to an open data portal is usually secured through an API key
- The API key must not be stored and must be kept secret
- The preferred Open Data Portal and URL may be stored in Preferences
- CKAN is a popular open data portal and will be the initial target. Datahub.io is another target.
- There is a CKAN extension that supports uploading data packages through the API
- The "Publish Data Package" command can be invoked using a menu item
- Publish Data Package
- Data Curator is open
- a datapackage.zip file is ready to publish
- I invoke "Publish Data Package"
- a prompt for the filename and location of the datapackage.zip file, portal type, url and API key should be displayed
- any preference settings should be defaulted into the input values
- the selected file should be to published to the open data portal via an API
Last published over 1 year ago by Matt Mulholland.